-
March 21st, 2005, 02:56 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Ok, I've completely finished the Felicity series now...loved it very much. I'm not so sure about mean old Jiggy Nye suddenly being nice, but that's ok. [img]wink.gif[/img] I loved Felicity's free spirit and her loyalty to Ben, her parents, her grandfather, and Penny! The time period is an interesting one to me. Two of my favorite books from that time period are Johnny Tremain, and also My Brother Sam is Dead (a very sad book).
I've been reading the Kirsten books slowly...not because I don't like them, but Rachel and I have been reading those aloud to each other. Those are officially her books, so we're enjoying them together. Right now we're on the 4th book. I've read many of Laura Ingalls Wilder books and these are very similar.
I've also been plowing through the Samantha books...I read two of them this afternoon so I'm on the 4th one in that series too. Out of all the books Nicolle's read, she likes the Samantha books best and I can see why. She said she's been learning a lot about history from all the books, but Samantha's weren't as sad. (She cried when Felicity's grandfather died.) [img]frown.gif[/img] I really enjoyed Samantha's Surprise but one thing I especially love about Samantha's books are the illustrations. The cover of Samantha's Surprise is so colorful and cheery! Her Grandmary is snooty most of the time, but I do like Cornelia, Uncle Gard, and of course, Samantha and Nellie.
I'll admit I haven't given Molly's books a fair chance. I know some of you love them, but I've only read one and it just didn't grab me like the others.
The next set I'll read is Addy's because I already have all those. Nicolle is reading them now. I'm sure they'll be a little more serious but that's ok. I've read two Addy books and immediately felt like Addy was someone special.
I want to read Kaya's books although I'm not sure I want the doll...maybe I'll change my mind once I read the books. I really want Josefina because she's so beautiful (so are her clothes and accessories) but I haven't bought a single Josefina book yet. Based on the description of her though, I have a feeling she'll be a big hit in our house!
That just leaves Kit, but I haven't formed an opinion about her just yet. She seems to be popular on this message board though.
-
March 21st, 2005, 03:00 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Josefina's stories are as wonderful as the doll is pretty. You won't be disappointed with them I'm sure.
Molly is a personal fave of mine because I identify with her in so many ways. You might change your mind if you read the rest of them. Molly's Surprise is my favorite.
-
March 21st, 2005, 03:43 AM
#3
Inactive Member
I liked Kirsten's books when I was young because they were a lot like my beloved LIW books. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I recently read Kit's books 1-4 - and fell in love with them. Kit is too adorable. I also loved her passion for writing and current events - which is just like me. The books really sold me on Kit. [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I don't know when I'll read her 5th and 6th book, but hopefully soon.
although I never had Molly, I liked her books when I was younger. Especially her Christmas story, for some reason. I would say give Molly's books a chance because they're kind of cute. Different than the others', though, especially different than the more historical girls' books because she does seem slightly more "modern."
-
March 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I don't care for Kit's books at all and I'm not really into Josefina's either. I do recommend Kaya's books. I found them very interesting and I learned a lot.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks